Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OS 10.1.5 network connections

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 17, 2002
US
I am currently running 10.1.5 on a G4. I am able to connect to my network shares but after about 15-20 minutes of idle time the shares disapear from my desktop. The shares are located on two diferent server one is a Sun Solaris and the other is an NT 4 box. any one ever seen this behavior?

Thanks,
Jim

are you using dave? if so, i think there is a setting in dave that will disconnect a user after his allowed time onthe network. i have seen it at school a dozen times but the quarter is over and i can't look until school starts again don't let your schooling interfere with your education--mt

AppleSahre IP - obviously NOT what's being used in this instance - also has a server setting to disconnect users after a time period. We've set ours at ten minutes. Otherwise we find servers mounted on desktops and no supervision - and lots of prying eyes here.

macgeneral

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back