Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Orphaned SIDS

Status
Not open for further replies.

lpar

IS-IT--Management
Feb 4, 2002
US
Hey there-

I'm having some difficulty migrating large amounts of data. There are folders with orphaned security IDs either as owners or listed in the NTFS security. These orphans do not allow for automated migration as the security will not move with the file and/or share. I need a way to be able to search file systems (the data resides on an EMC Celerra NAS however it is managed by active directory and has NTFS security identifiers)for these orphaned SIDS before the migration actually takes place. Thanks for any help...

use sid2name to determine those lost SIDs

------------------------------------
Directory Services/Exchange Consultant

Hi benlu, can you tell us where we can download sid2name? Thanks.

i guess it's in rescource kit, i have a local copy, but i forget where i downloaded. sorry!

also, google it

------------------------------------
Directory Services/Exchange Consultant

Yeah I tried that, couldn't find it in either Win2K or 2K3 resource kits (prob an NT util). I tried googling for it and no luck either. I will try the NT4 reskit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back