Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Orphaned Sessions - DBPROCESS is dead or not enabled

Status
Not open for further replies.

ultimategc3

Programmer
Oct 18, 2010
EG
Hello Friends,

I've got a problem with orphaned sessions, It seems that there is network noise. I've adjusted the KeepAliveTime for TCPIP parameters for CurrentControlSet to 7200000 ms and SessionKeepAlive for Netbt also to the same value. But the problem persists " DBPROCESS is dead or not enabled "

Please notify me if there is any method to override this problem...

Thank you

I have seen this before, normally with laptops working remotely.

Are they running off of a network share? We set up a batch script to copy down the apps to the laptops and run the applications locally, which normally fixed this issue.

HTH,
Lodlaiden

If [blue]you have problems[/blue], I want [green]source code[/green] AND [green]error messages[/green], none of this [red]"there was an error crap"[/red]

you might try using the IP adress instead of the servername in your connection profile. For me it's working a lot better with our lousy unstable network connection at the job.

sqlca.servername=192.168.1.35 // for example
connect;

regards,
Miguel L.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back