Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Original caller ID for call transferred to external # 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

alarmologist

Technical User
Mar 9, 2021
US
Hi,

I have set "Send original calling party for forwarded and twinning calls" on our PRIs and it works when calls are forwarded to an external number, but if the call is transferred by a user, it sends our caller ID.

I have an IAD that will substitute our main TFN as caller ID if no ID is present, that's what we usually do with outbound calls, but I want to pass the original ID for transfers.

TYIA

The nature of a transfer is differet because when Transfer is pressed the incoming call is put on hold while the Operator dials the destination phone number. At that point the IPO sends outgoing caller ID to the transfer destination, after that the transfer is either announced or unannounced before the original call is connected to the transfer destination and using 2 PRI channels. There would be no way to have outgoing caller ID sent again as the call is now connected at the destination.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back