Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Organizing a report using date fields

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamieF

Technical User
Dec 1, 2000
US
I am trying to create a report based on some date fields in our database. We have "Fixed", "Verified", "Delivered", and "Closed" (all date fields). Selection for the report needs to be based on if ANY of those fields have a date in them (but at least one must be filled in). I would then really like to have a report that groups items into a Fixed, Verified, Delivered, and Closed category. The fixed report section will have entries that only have a Fixed date in them. The Verified section will have the verified date filled in, may or may not have the fixed date filled in, and will not have the delivered or closed dates. The Delivered section will have the delivered date filled in, but may or may not have the preceding dates, and won't have the closed date. Etc.
Am I dreaming? Can this be done? Is there some way to run a pre-query that assigns a temporary table value based on which dates are filled in and then generate the report with that?
Thanks!

here is a starting point.
Create a new Autoreport based on your query or table.
here how:
single click on the table or query and then click the "Insert" menu then "Autoreport" give it a few seconds to mkae the report.

Now go in design view of the report and click the "View" menu and then "Sorting and Grouping"

click to find one of your Date fields
then at the bottom of this box click "Header" and make it a "YES" click OK.
you will notice a new header
Preview your report and you will notice that similar dates are together.

experiment with this and add more headers for your other dates.

DougP, MCP
dposton@universal1.com

Ask me how Bar-codes can help you be more productive.

Thank you for your response on this thread fields ". I wasn't able to get much accomplished using this approach. I could certainly make the headers, but not get the criteria selected properly. I have had much better success by using subreports. I have one remaining problem. If you have any input on the thread, "User Input and subreports", it would be greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back