Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

orfyfpek

Status
Not open for further replies.

walt436

Programmer
Apr 26, 2002
US
I have more than 40 files on my system
with ORFYFPEK embedded somewhere in
the name. Does anyone know what
these files refer to???

I would do a serious virus scan. A search on google turned up only two references to this name but it looks like junk mail or possible virus attachment

I agree. I have searched using several search engines, and have turned up nothing of significance. Symantec's SARC does not show anything, but it is awfully suspicious. Definitely do as Rockerfellerz suggests and scan that thing for viruses!

Just out of curiosity, what kind of files are we talking about here? Is it possible that those files are cookies, temp internet files, etc? If so, could that be a username of somebody that has access to your system? Mudskipper
___________________________________________________________________________________

Groucho said it best- "A four year-old child could understand this! Quick! Run out and find me a four year-old child: I can't make heads nor tails out of this!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back