Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Orders with Inactive Products

Status
Not open for further replies.

smallia

IS-IT--Management
Oct 8, 2002
US
My client is using CRM 4.0. About a month ago, they revised all of their Products, creating new product entries, names, pricing, etc. To ensure salespeople did not continue to add the old products to quotes, the status of the old products were changed to Inactive. The previous sold orders can still be looked up, and the individual products can be viewed just fine.

I am attempting to do some data analysis of all the orders anad products ordered. I've created a report using the Report Wizard to export detailed order information to Excel. The Primary Record Type I'm using is Orders, and the Related Record Type is Order Products (Order). I want the resulting data export to include 1 line for each product ordered.

For the (recent) orders with active products, this report/export works as I intended--one line in the Excel export for each product ordered. The problem is that the (older) orders with inactive products only show a single line per order regardless of the number of products for that order, and the product information is all blank (product, quantity, price per unit, amount, etc.). I'm assuming that the access path being used for "Order Products (Order)" selects only active products, based on the data result.

Product Status is not a selection criterion available to me, so I cannot simply include the inactive products. How can I create a report of the order detail when many of the products associated with orders have been inactivated?

Thanks,
Steven

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back