Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ORDERBY Property

Status
Not open for further replies.

kooley

Technical User
Jan 8, 2003
US
I have a report that groups on a status field that is a combo box. I need to specify the order that the statuses should appear on the report (other than ascending or descending). Can the ORDERBY property be used for this & if so, I am unsure as to the proper syntax to use. Thank you for any help.

[sunshine]

The Order By property is generally useless especially if you have Sorting and Grouping set. Allen Browne has code to set sorting and grouping at runtime at
Duane MS Access MVP
[green]Ask a great question, get a great answer.[/green] [red]Ask a vague question, get a vague answer.[/red]
[green]Find out how to get great answers faq219-2884.[/green]

That is the conclusion I was coming to. Oh well! Thank you for your help. I am thinking of numbering the statuses in the order they need to appear in the report & then the sort of ascending or descending would work. Have a wonderful day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back