Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Order of tapes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rakhi

IS-IT--Management
Jan 2, 2001
US
About three weeks ago we changed the back up tape set from one tape to two since our data was getting heavier and we needed more tape. It started to work fine. We set it up so that Mondays it would use Tape 1 & 2, Tuesdays - Tape 3 & 4 and so on. But itermittently, it would interchange the tape selection. For instance, on Tuesday instead of using Tape 3 & 4 it would use Tape 4 first and then Tape 3. But the following Tuesday it would work fine again. Once it even used the same tape again for it's next set. On Thursday it was supposed to use Tapes 7 & 8 but it used Tape 8 for the first media set and then tape 8 again for the second media set and obviously the back up failed as it tried to overwrite the back up catalogue. The media descriptions have been set correctly. Pls help

Yes, I am having a similar problem....but better. I have set up Week 1 to use the spanned 0 and 1 slots. I have Week 2 set up to use the spanned 2 & 3 slots. Everything was working great then on Monday Week 2 decided to run on the Week 1 partition-slot 0???????

I would also like to hear if anyone has a fix for this.

Thanks

Have same scenario on larger job. Weekend backups (Full) are running Friday and Saturdays to 7 tapes (Friday-A...FridayG). First week Friday A was 1st tape, next week Friday B was first tape. Would love to force a start at FridayA. Who has the secret key?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back