Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Order Form

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcarmody

Programmer
Apr 25, 2002
US
Hello -

I want to develop a form that would list the contents of a table, in this case a list of printed materials that can be ordered. I would like the user to place a check mark next to the items they want and indicate the date ordered. I would like the database to update a table with a record for each item they've ordered. It seems like I should be able to easily do this, but I'm drawing a blank. Can anyone help? Thanks.

Table 1
MaterialsID
Title

Table2
Contactid
MaterialsID
Date ordered

Great examples of this in the sample databases that ship with Access...

Alcohol and calculus don't mix, so don't drink and derive.

I agree, Northwind.mdb is full of useful examples.

Also select Access Database Wizards, Pages, and Projects when opening a new instance of Access. It's likely you can save time and just swipe some of the pre-written stuff from the Order Entry & Inventory Control .mdb's.

Alcohol and calculus don't mix, so don't drink and derive.

Thanks for the good ideas. I was just drawing a blank on where to start. You've now provided me with that. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back