Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Order Entry screen - the requested properties cannot be supported

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlbechard

Programmer
Jun 22, 2009
CA
I have customized the Order Entry screen (OE0101) and it is working since a couple of years now. A few clients have access to this modified screen. Only one client starts having the error "The requested properties cannot be supported" while executing an SQL update statement in SQL Server 2005. The thing is it was working fine the day before. All other clients are still working fine. The error happen on only one particular SQL update for this client. Other SQL update on the same table works perfectly for this customer.

Any one have seeing this error before?

Any help would be great.

Is this a vba project? What is the SQL statement that is failing? Are you saying the same SQL statement works fine on other workstations?

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, Synergy, and Crystal Reports. Check out our Macola tools:

Yes it is a VBA project and the SQL statement works fine on other workstations.

Here is the SQL statement that returns the error:

UPDATE oeordlin_sql
SET request_dt = '[REP_REQ_DT]'
FROM oeordlin_sql
WHERE ord_type = 'O'
AND LTRIM(ord_no) = '[REP_ORD_NO]'

[REP_ORD_NO] is replaced by the content of the Order field in the screen and [REP_REQ_DT] is replaced by the date the user entered in the format MM/DD/YYYY.

What i find strange is the following SQL Statement works fine on his workstation and it is very similar to the one above.

UPDATE oeordlin_sql
SET promise_dt = '[REP_SHIP_DT]',
req_ship_dt = '[REP_SHIP_DT]'
FROM oeordlin_sql
WHERE ord_type = 'O'
AND LTRIM(ord_no) = '[REP_ORD_NO]'

Thanks for your help!

Strange question, but does the order number contain an apostrophe? Have you tried this with multiple orders? Different users?

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, Synergy, and Crystal Reports. Check out our Macola tools:

The order number does not contain an apostrophe (see example below). Yes, we tried it on different order number with the same error as result. It is working for others users. It was also working fine for this user the days before.

Example:

UPDATE oeordlin_sql SET request_dt = '05/17/2011' FROM oeordlin_sql WHERE ord_type = 'O' AND LTRIM(ord_no) = '8991'

Are you on Progression or ES?

If you cut and paste this SQL statement into SQL Management Studio, does it work?

We are on ES.

For your second question, I am not sure. I will verify and come back with an answer.

To answer your question, SQL Management Studio is not installed on his computer. Do you think it would be useful to install it and see if he gets the same result?

This should not be happening if other users can run the Flex code without errors. This leads me to believe it is a permissions issue. On the same workstation that is getting the error, try logging into ES as administrator and see if it works.

I already did it. I have changed his user rights to be administrator and it still does not work.

Do you think that could be caused be a Windows update?

Right click Macola ES and select "run as". Enter the credentials of someone who can run this on their machine. If it still errs, I would rerun the ES client install, wsetup.exe.

I did the "Run As" as you mentionned. It worked. So I quit Macola and open it again with the user that had problem. And it worked as well! I don't know if it works because I did the "Run As" before or there was something else done on his computer that I was not aware of. The user will keep an eye on this issue and will let me know when it appear again.

Thank you so much for your help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back