Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Order entry screen issue shows an error message on 2 users

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlbechard

Programmer
Jun 22, 2009
CA
I have customized the Order Entry screen (OE0101) since a many years. It is working fine except for 2 users. These 2 users have access to this screen recently. The error message is "The requested properties cannot be supported".

Starting Macola with a "Run As" using my user, there is no issue at all on their computer. As soon as they start Macola with their respective user, the message pops up.

My user has the administrator security role but not their user. But, I tried to add the administrator security role for their user and they still get this error message.

What explain my user works fine on their computer and not their user? I am sure it is a missing permission or something like this but I don't know where to look.

Please refer to this thread for more information on this issue: thread639-1648965

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sounds like a permissions issue, which you already know. But I would look at permissions on your SQL Server, or check the connection string in your SQL Connection in Flex.

No, they did not modified the screen. They don't have rigths in Macola to do that. The VBA icon in the menu is disabled for them.

Any ideas how to solve this issue?

Thanks in advance

Yes, you should. Do you have an annual support agreement with them? This is different from annual maintenence.

Software Training, Implementation, Programming and Support for Macola Progression, Macola ES, Synergy, and Crystal Reports. Check out our Macola tools:

I have contacted Exact Support. They did not help me much. They told me to find out what code generates the issue because it is a customize screen. I will try and see if I can fix the issue.

Is it merely a customized screen without flexibility code? This is possible to have. If there is Flexibility code just open up the VBA editor and step through the code until you find the issue.

Software Training, Implementation, Programming and Support for Macola Progression, Macola ES, Synergy, and Crystal Reports. Check out our Macola tools:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back