Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Order Database Help Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

kings71

IS-IT--Management
Oct 25, 2003
US
I have a list of 1,000 + orders by lastname, firstname, city, zipcode etc. The key field is an auto number for each order and what I want to be able to do is create a form so that orders going forward can be entered into a form. The trick is to have to form set up so that entering the last name will bring up a drop-down choice of existing match first names. Picking an appropriate first name will then auto populate city, zip, etc. while allowing these to be changed IF the person moved. Conceptually, this doesn't seem so tough but I simply cannot make it work. Please help. Thanks.

Hi

So you want two combo boxes, the first shows surnames, the secon is dependant on the forst and shows first names for the select surname, is that right? see FAQ on having combo boxes dependant on each other in the Forms forum, hope this helps

Regards

Ken Reay
Freelance Solutions Developer
Boldon Information Systems Ltd
Website needs upgrading, but for now - UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back