Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ORBTree Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

bina14

ISP
Jun 25, 2003
US
Has anyone ever seen or heard of the following error message from System Monitor:

Warning! ORBTree: (01f6faa8) is full

I think it is linked to DHCP, but don't have a solution, or a place to start.

Thanks,

S. Mick

I have seen the following over and over again just before the Blaster virus took down the system I was looking at:-

45247mS PRN: WARNING:
45248mS PRN: OSBTree: (013b5cc0) is FULL

Basically, this message indicates a broadcast storm on the network and the IPO is receiving too many pings that it can handle, hence it reboots. This could be caused by a virus or hardware fault on the network etc etc.

This has happened more recently due to the Blaster virus, this causes the PC on teh network to start sending loads of ip broadcasts, the IPO and Alch's can put up with so much then there buffer becomes full and thus rebooting occurs..

godd old Network Storming..

Come IPGuru you missed this one!

[lightsaber]

Didnt miss it jedi - too busy trying to sort out a pillock of a cust who will not accept that there problem is due to thier own dirty network!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back