Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Orange light stays lit on front port

Status
Not open for further replies.

BassMonger57

IS-IT--Management
Mar 19, 2004
US
On my 403 IPO, I installed a second 4 trunk card. After that, I configured the lines in Manger. But I noticed that there were 4 orange lights on the front DT ports - I think they were ports 3-6. I wasn't able to find any documentation on the lights, so I ignored them. The next day, it was down to 3 lights, then 2, and now one. The one now is on port 4, and never goes away until you power cycle the unit. After the reboot, about 10 seconds pass once it comes back up, and then the orange light comes on again, and stays lit. It doesn't seem to affect the functionality of the IPO, but I'd like to know what it means and how to get rid of it. Thanks for any help - I would have never been able to get this IPO up and running without the help of this forum.

Yellow LEDs
LEDs 1-3 = Expansion Ports 1-3 status
LEDs 4-7 = ISDN 1-4 status (Flashing = pot in use)
If you have a Analogure card in slot B it wiill be ATM 1-4
LED 8 = WAN status

[cheers]

Ok, thanks... however I'm still a little fuzzy as to what that light means. It appears that "If you have a Analogure card in slot B it wiill be ATM 1-4" refers to my situation, but is that light an indicator of an error? Is the light supposed to be on by design? or should I do something to make it go away? Is there documentation that you can point me to that contains more information on this?

Thanks again

In your case each light represents a port (Co Line).

Solid orange line is idle and connected
Off line is disabled in the system programing
Flashing orange line is in use

[cheers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back