Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Orange Blicking Light Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnhig

MIS
Jun 25, 2007
US
Hi All

Please first let me let be known that I am not a network administrator. BUT I have a bit of a situation that I need some verification on from all of your experts.

I have 2 Dell PowerEdge 2550 that have an Orange blinking light. The lights seem to be appearing next the picture/icon that resembles a sideways lightning bolt or what you would see on a heart monitor.

The picture/icon next to it resembles a volume indicator.

There is plenty of disk space and it seems to running just fine.

I believe that it has to do with a power supply or battery backup.

Both of these servers with the orange blinking light are on the same battery backup.

Could I be right? Or am I heading in the wrong direction? If I am in the wrong direction, can someone point me in the right one?

Thanks
John

If you have OMSA installed on the server, you can pull the error logs and find out what the exact problem is. Try going to and see if the website is there.

Do the servers have a second power Supply?

The orange light could be complaining about the second power not being plugged in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back