Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Oracle9iAS configuration tool failed while installing

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCrystal

Programmer
May 7, 2002
US
I am installing Oracle9iAS on Sun Solaris 5.8 having Oracle9i database. In the configuration tools setup the last two tools

* Enterprise Manager Web Site Configuration Assistant and
* DCM Repository Backup Assistant

failed to get installed.

While installing it asked me to overwrite dbhome, oraenv coraenv files in /usr/local/bin which I did not overwrite. Is it due to this or something else.

Hi,

installing 9iAS on the same machine as the database is not recommended by Oracle. Of course you will have to set all environment variables extra for the install of the 9iAS. You can't install it in the same oracle_home as the database! The best way is to use an extra user and group for installing the Internet Application Server. This user then has his own environment settings. In this way you will only get one problem left:

When installing the 9iAS the network-home is different and doesn't know the database connection identifiers. Thus you will have problems especially when installing the icache that will not be able to load the users.

When you have iAS and DB on one machine ICACHE and WEBCACHE are for nothing, since they will not have any effect on performance.

Problem with Oracle9i Application Server.
I have installed Oracle9iAS Infrastructure and middle tier in different Oracle Home but on same machine.
Everything works fine for a single users. However while running the test (having few Poral Pages) for multiple users (10 or 20), Apache.exe suddenly consumes 99% of CPU utilization and the server hangs. The only way out is to switch off the server machine.
Machine configuration is 4 GB RAM, 4 CPUs.
Can anyone reply to this problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back