Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Oracle8i.1.7 installation problem with redhat7.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunsail

Programmer
Feb 14, 2003
TR
hi
i want to try to install oracle 8i. i read this document
here is the site

when i run "runInstaller" it hangs on "please wait"

it has problem with jre i think.
i want to know how can i uninstall java from my system
completely.i want to try jdk installation again.

best regards

I'm having this exact same problem!!! No fix yet. Here's what I've done so far. I removed the old JRE 1.1.6 (from blackdown from prior attempt to install 8.1.5.) I have JDK 1.3.1.02 installed. I'm going to try removing it and and installing 1.2.2. Don't you like how the release notes say you need JDK 1.1.8, but the installation guide says you need 1.2.2 ?!?!? The installer is supposed to install its own JRE 1.1.8 automatially. I think this is where the problem is.

How did you install your JDK? RPM? or just tar? You should be able to just blow away the directories and fix your path. If you used RPM, then use RPM to remove it.

Please keep me posted on your progress and I'll do the same.

hi all
i just solved the problem :) .if you use redhat7.2 and want to install oracle8i.1.7 just follow isntructions that i gave that site link.

now my poor mistake. i just login as oracle to x.then try "./runinstaller" .it just worked :)))

i try installation more harder.i logged in as root into x.then from shell i try to pass "su oracle" .so x didnt give oracle user acccess to start x.

i m sorry about my english :) i m very excited:p

best regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back