Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Oracle Virtual Box

Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Shadow

Technical User
Dec 1, 2018
US
I have been playing around with VB making various Virtual Machines...just because.

It was easy installing Windows Server 2016, Windows 11, Ubuntu and Kali, so I thought I would download other OS's and try it.
Here is a screenshot of Ubuntu, Kali, Windows XP SP3, Windows NT Server 4.0, Windows 1.04, and DOS 6.22.

One thing I cannot figure out is how to transfer a file from Host to my DOS 6.22 machine. I have the files for Wolfenstein3D
I know Guest Additions will never work. I have tried making the files an ISO file and load using Optical Drive.
Also separate files to move into C:>Wolf3D

Hi
I have a dos 6.22 VM.I am able to use iso files with cdrom defined for this machine.The cd rom is seen as drive f: in the dos machine.
also it is possible to make an img file for mounting on a floppy disk defined for th vm.

yahya

Thank you, I thought I tried CD-ROM...

You can try to copy the source files of the game on a CD rom or Floppy and mount it externally. Hope this would solve the issue.

Consider DOSBox instead of the overhead of a VirtualBox VM.

The easiest installation is as a portableapp, even if you install locally to your host's C:\ drive.

On my own installation, my DOS-accessible files are stored on the host computer at:
C:\PortableApps\DOSBoxPortable\CDrive

Documentation:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back