Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Oracle upgrade - any effect on Crystal ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

mocgp

Technical User
Jul 7, 2006
US
Using BOEXIR2

Our underlying data platform was recently upgraded from Oracle 9i to 10g. Since the upgrade, we have had numerous performance issues with Crystal Enterprise. It is thought that the issues are within Oracle itself but I am curious to know if we should have expected this change to have any impact at all on Crystal ??

Anyone have knowledge about or experience with this upgrade?
Thanks

Hi,
Should not be related to the Oracle version..9i and 10g are mutually compatible, although I usually recommend that the Client and Server versions match - it eliminates one thing to check when problems arise...If you can, upgrade the client software on the CE server..

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

Because of the way we run reports (the run from our batch system off of denormalized report tables) we didn't have any problems with reports when we did this upgrade but we did had some major problems in our application. It had to do with differences in the optimizer changing causing changes in the explain plans making some queries run MUCH longer that they had before the upgrade. We ended up resolving them by adding index and other hints to the queries. If this is what your problem is, I hope you don't have many reports because you'll have to re-work them to use commands or stored procedures in order to be able to set the hints.

-Dell

A computer only does what you actually told it to do - not what you thought you told it to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back