Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Oracle trigger -> windows message queue

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlieboy

Programmer
Mar 4, 2002
GB
Hello,

Does anyone know if there is any way to push some data (text or such) onto a MS Windows messaging queue.

The oracle database may be on a windows box, but it can also sit on a unix/linux server.

(I admit that i don't really know much about oracle, and have not got much experiance using it. All comments welcome)

With thanks,

Paul

MSMQ and ORACLE are totally different things. To create a Message in MSMQ you have to follow the instructions of the MSMQ Application Programmer Interface (API) help in the MSDN: Open the queue, create the message, send the message, close the queue. All this is done in your favorite language, C, C++, Visual Basic or every language supporting the Windows APIs.
What you write in the Message BODY is what ever you want (and what the recipient expects :). This data can come from every source available, files, calculations, databases, measured data from COM1, just everything.
To get the data from the ORACLE database you have to write the SELECT statement, and you have to provide the possibility to bring the result data into the program that will send the MSMQ message. Preferably write your application in MS Visual C/C++, install ORACLE Precompiler ProC/C++ on your programming box and write a SELECT statement there, strcpy() the resulting data into the message body and you have a working application.

Thanks very much. Although i was hoping to be able to write the call directly from the ORACLE trigger, this seems to be impossible (implausible?)

Cheers,

Paul

You may call some external procedure from trigger (.dll for Windows or .so for Unix). Though I'm not sure you can enqueue smth from Unix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back