Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Oracle Trigger Exception handling

Status
Not open for further replies.

kv444

Programmer
Nov 20, 2011
US
Hello,

I am writing a after trigger for one of my tables on every insert update and delete for my dataware house staging area.

The process here is when ever there is a change in the production database we need to capture this change in our changing area through triggers.

I am able to create the triggers but i am stuck with the exception handling portion of the trigger.

I want to write an exception in the trigger where when the staging area is locked or for any other matter the data needs to be able to go to a error table when the staging area is not able to accept the data for some reason.

could some one please tell me how i can write this excepyion in the trigger or anyother method i can follow to be able to handle this scenerio.

i Have tried DML error logging but i was wondering if can use this in the trigger as i am not able to compile the trigger in this scenerio.

Please help !

Thanks in advance.

KV said:
I am not able to compile the trigger in this scenerio
So we can help you better/faster, could you please post what you created thus far that did not work?

Thanks,

[santa]Mufasa
(aka Dave of Sandy, Utah, USA)
“People may forget what you say, but they will never forget how you made them feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back