Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Oracle to Teradata for data source setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samm2020

Programmer
Dec 2, 2019
SG
Hi Folks,
I have requirement to implement a Oracle to Teradata for data source when a user is to develop dashboards in tableau as shown in below

Above pic says my assumption this way to be designed.looking for best solution from the community here
currently data is available in Oracle and need to load in to teradata,

1.Oracle replica can be possible in Teradata ?
2.what is the best way to load the data in to teradata ?
3.what are the phases required to do this task?could someone pls guide me in such a way to do this task in best way

Thanks in advance
Regards,
Sam

1. I don't know, but I suspect that it can't be done.
2. The fastest would probably be to unload from Oracle using SQL Loader and load into Teradata.
3. Step 1: Unload data from Oracle, gathering statistics on metadata such as rowcounts, totals for columns that can be summed.
Step 2: Load data into Teradata, gathering statistics on metadata such as rowcounts, totals for columns that can be summed.
Step 3: Validate between the source and target tables using statistics such as rowcounts, totals, etc.

==================================
advanced cognitive capabilities and other marketing buzzwords explained with sarcastic simplicity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back