Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Oracle startup/shutdown scripts for UNIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunguru99

MIS
Dec 3, 2003
US
I need to be able to do a cold backup of an Oracle database with a script. In order to do this, I need to shutdown/startup the Database automatically with a script. Here is a list of the manual commands to shutdown and startup the database:

su - applmgr

cd /usr/local/bin

. stopmanagers.sh shnp

su - oracle

svrmgrl

connect internal

shutdown immediate

-----------------------------------------------------------

su - applmgr

cd /usr/local/bin

. startmanagers.sh chnp

su - oracle

svrmgrl

connect internal

startup

Could someone help me with this?

It probably took more typing to input your question than it would have been to go to google.com and request information on 'oracle backup unix script', which, on the first page of returned links yields a fairly extensive script:

I cannot vouch for whether or not the script works, it would certainly most likely need to be modified for your environment, but then again, so would anything provided from this forum. (Dave -

Oracle provides the command 'dbstart' and 'dbshut' to start and close all databases listed in /etc/oratab - might be worth using these ?

Alex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back