Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Oracle Personal Edition and WinXP pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

nina200

Technical User
Mar 2, 2006
BR
Hi, Is there any possibility of me getting Oracle8i personal edition to work on winxp pro?
When I click install products it never bothers even to report "incompatable Operating System" or something. Nothing comes up.

Nina

Oracle 8i has an installation bug.

1. Create a temporary directory on your server.
2. Copy the entire contents of the Oracle RDBMS Server CD to the temporary directory created in step 1.
3. Search the directory structure created in Step 1 for the existence of the filename symcjit.dll.
4. Rename each copy of the symcjit.dll to symcjit.old.
5. Run the setup.exe from the installwin32 directory (under the directory on your hard disk used in Step 1) and install Oracle 8.1.x and related products.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
The person who says it can't be done should not interrupt the person doing it. -- Chinese proverb

LKBrwnDBA,
so can this be finally installed on an XP pro operating system? Cause I'm getting an error saying "there are no top level components for Windows NT available from this staging area". Thanks.

Nina

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back