Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Oracle or ODBC Error I don't Know

Status
Not open for further replies.

pandi

Programmer
Dec 12, 2001
MY
Hai

I am using Visual Basic to ADO

'conn.Open "Provider=MSDAORA.1;User ID=User;password=Password;Data Source=DSN;Persist Security Info=False"

But i am getting an error while running this connection string is new machine which do not have VB.

runtime error -2147467259(80004005)
Error while trying to retrive text for error ORA-03121

Can any one please help

Pandi

Do you have SQL*NET installed and configured properly?

Regards, Dima

Hi, As Dima noted, this is usually a SqlNet install problem ( or a badly set ORACLE_HOME or PATH)
here are more details:
-----------------------------------------------------------
ORA-03121 no interface driver connected - function not performed

Cause: This message occurs usually because the Net8 driver is not loaded into memory or there is a mismatch of the version of the driver. A user program linked with an obsolete library may also cause this message. Only programs provided by Oracle Corporation should use this interface.

Action: If the message occurred during use of a program provided by Oracle Corporation, contact customer support. If a user program caused the message, relink the program with current versions of the Oracle libraries.

------------------------------------------------------

A badly set ORACLE_HOME or a PATH setting that does not include the Oracle binaries, can cause this error...

[profile]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back