Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Oracle on-line backups and multiplexing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zapdoper

Technical User
Dec 9, 2005
US
Anyone is using multiplexing in backing up Oracle DBs? I enabled multiplexing on properties of storage policy copy, under media tab. I set this to 4. Now I increased numbers of streams on client to 2 (Data readers) So when the backup kicks off there are two streams from this database. Storage policy streams is set for 4. What happens is that the job calls for two separate tapes instead. I expected both streams of this clients to go to same tape but that didn't happen. On the other hand multiplexing is working fine for other iDAs.

Any thoughts?

Yes, I do have a license for this feature.

thanks,

I forgot to mention, we use Galaxy version 5.9 sp4 in CS and MA. The client (oracle server is 5,9 sp3)

What is your multiplexing factor? Set it > 1 and run more jobs to this storage policy (more than the number of streams). Or set your data readers on your client > 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back