Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Oracle Objects For OLE (OO4O) problem with arrays

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmilan

Programmer
Jan 22, 2002
GB
Hi,

I'm trying use OraParameter objects to to a batch insert against a table. When I actually execute the SQL statement, I am getting a 4139 error (something to do with Arrays), and consulting the associated error log, I find it to be full of junk like this:

ORA-00001: unique constraint (NJT_UAT.ROSDET_UKY) violated
, Message 201 not found; No message file for product=OO4O, facility=OIP 1
, Message 201 not found; No message file for product=OO4O, facility=OIP 2
, Message 201 not found; No message file for product=OO4O, facility=OIP 3
, Message 201 not found; No message file for product=OO4O, facility=OIP 4
, Message 201 not found; No message file for product=OO4O, facility=OIP 5

Here's the problem - there is no way that this data is causing an error against the unique key it names. No way. I've deleted all possible values that could be used prior to running the query (same transaction as the Insert), and part of the key is a sequential number...

And this is where it gets really freaky - I've written some code to take the OraParameters objects, and use them to work out a load of simple sql statements to use in their place, and lo and behold that goes through without any problems!

Anyone got the slightest idea what's going on?

Martin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back