Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Oracle Management Server and Node Level Permissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

ErrolDC2

MIS
Apr 6, 2005
US
Hi. I'm trying to use Oracle Management Server to give people tiered access to Oracle databases scattered throughout my orgainzation. In my testing - I find that I'm having some issues getting the node level permissions correct. For example, I have a test user who is trying to export and import schemas. As sysman, gave this user the ability to log into OMS using his own credentials. He already has DBA privledges on his databases. He setup his database credentials properly. I created a user account on the node (in this case, its SLES9) and made it a member of the dba and oinstall group. These are the credentials we used for the node. When he runs a job using this setup, the job fails and he gets this error:

Username:
EXP-00056: ORACLE error 1034 encountered
ORA-01034: ORACLE not available
ORA-27123: unable to attach to shared memory segment
Linux Error: 13: Permission denied
EXP-00005: all allowable logon attempts failed
EXP-00000: Export terminated unsuccessfully

I can get rid of that error by changing his node credentials to root.

His linux acct info is below:

oracle@dgovit-db01:/opt/oracle/admin> cat /etc/group | grep stuart
dba:!:55:eek:racle,stuart
oracle@dgovit-db01:/opt/oracle/admin> cat /etc/passwd | grep stuart
stuart:x:1002:54::/tmp:/bin/false

Also, the directory he is exporting the files to, the permissions are set 0775 so writing is no issue.

Can someone tell me what am I missing here? Obviously, I don't want to run the risk of having everyone's node credentials be set to root. That seems unnecessary.

Thanks in Advance,

Errol Neal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back