Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Oracle libraries

Status
Not open for further replies.

penzk001

Technical User
Mar 11, 2003
MT
I am installing a new application on a AIX 4.3.3 and Oracle 8i server.

The installation is successful, however when i try to load the application the following error crops up.

$ . ./setenv
$ ./app-start
exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program ecn-admin because of the following errors:
0509-150 Dependent module /orasys/ora817/app/oracle/product/8.1.7/lib/libclntsh.a(shr.o) could not be loaded.
0509-022 Cannot load module /orasys/ora817/app/oracle/product/8.1.7/lib/libclntsh.a(shr.o).
0509-026 System error: A file or directory in the path name does not exist.
$

Do you have an idea what is going wrong ?

when on the same server I am trying to build tuxedo resource manager the below errors crop up:

$ buildtms -r Oracle_XA -o TMS_ORA
cc: 1501-228 input file /orasys/ora817/ora817_01/app/oracle/product/8.1.7/lib/libsql.a not found
cc: 1501-228 input file /orasys/ora817/ora817_01/app/oracle/product/8.1.7/lib/osntab.o not found
CMDTUX_CAT:1832: ERROR: can't execute cc -g -D_DEBUG -D_STATISTICS -I$TUXDIR/include -o TMS_ORA BS-5ec4.c -L${TUXDIR}/lib /usr/tuxedo/lib/TMS.o -ltux -lbuft -ltux2 -L${ORACLE_HOME}/lib -lxa ${ORACLE_HOME}/lib/libsql.a -lora -lsqlnet -lcore -lnlsrtl -lcore ${ORACLE_HOME}/lib/osntab.o -lsqlnet -lcv6 -lora -lm -lsocket -lfml -lfml32 -lgp
CMDTUX_CAT:530: ERROR: Cannot execute $TUXDIR/bin/buildserver -r Oracle_XA -o TMS_ORA -s TMS -f $TUXDIR/lib/TMS.o
$

Hi, penzk001.
Did you install Oracle 8i with Oracle 8i Installation Guide ?
Because in Installation Guide, there are some pre-installation requirement such OS Patch, required c compiler. In your error message, the C compiler may not be correct one for Oracle 8i Installation. Pls refer to Install Guide (which can be retrieved on or in Oracle 8i Installation CD). And retrive the correct C compiler from IBM.
Then install correct C compiler and re-install 8i Database.

I have checked out the documentation, reinstalled compilers/db. At the end I ended up, doing an ls for each library, and the problem was that the executable was searching the oracle libraries in a specfic path which did not exist on the machine (it did not used $LIBPATH. To solve the problem i had to create links that point to $ORACLE_HOME/lib.

Thanks for the help

Hi penzk001, I'm in the same situation as you ( I hope so). Could you describe me what links did you created ? Please be more specific. Thanks !
Ales
al.fa@email.cz

What I did was that I have done an ls on all the libraries that are listed whilst the application is loading. There was the library /orasys/ora817/app/oracle/product/8.1.7/lib/libclntsh.a that was not found
ls /orasys/ora817/app/oracle/product/8.1.7/lib/libclntsh.a
ls: 0653-341 The file /orasys/ora817/app/oracle/product/8.1.7/lib/libclntsh.a does not exist.

Then I when to $ORACLE_HOME/lib ls libclntsh.a and this time the library was found.
Then on closing looking to the path I noticed that ORACLE_HOME = /orasys/ora817/ora817_01/app/oracle/product/8.1.7/lib
I had the ora817_01 missing in the application.

To correct the problem you need to create the link as follows:

$ ls -l
total 8
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root system 13 Mar 14 11:05 app -> ora817_01/app
drwxrwxr-x 3 oracle oinstall 512 Feb 24 15:48 ora817_01

So now doing an
ls /orasys/ora817/app/oracle/product/8.1.7/lib/libclntsh.a
the library is found.

That is what I have done. Should you need more details just ask.

Great ! It works now ! ;-)))
The main problem was that I didnt know how to get list of libraries which are about to load ... I had known ldd on linux, but I looked for dump ! :) Anyway, thanks a lot !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back