Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Oracle jinitiator and Windows XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJRR

Technical User
Sep 13, 2002
US
I am using Microsoft windows XP pro and have encountered a problem while trying to install jinitiator.
I am attempting to access an application on my companies web site via VPN. It automatically asks that I download and install jinitiator 1.1.7.18. When I agree, the download and installation appears to work fine but before finishing it stops and give a message saying, in part, "jrew.exe has
encountered a problem". From here I have to shut down the browser to continue. (the cancel/ok button will not get me out).
I have downloaded and installed jinitiator 1.3.1.9 however I still am asked to install 1.1.7.18 and the same problem occurs. I've also downloaded and installed
XP service pack 1. Has this happend to anyone else? I noticed on Oracle's site that XP is not a "supported" platform (yet) for jinitiator however I think it should still function correctly.
Many Thanks,
Joe

Yes, it does. I have admin rights on the machine that I use.
Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back