Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Oracle JDK 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Programmer
Jul 18, 2003
CA
Hi all,
I am trying to write a stored procedure in pl/sql to encrypt some fields in my database(Oracle 9i). I am using a java method wrapped in pl/sql to do the encryption/decryption. The problem is that I cannot access the javax.crypto classes (secretkeyfactory etc). I have included all the JCE jar files in the {java.home}/lib/ext/ directory and I have updated the java.security file to use security.provider.3=com.ibm.crypto.provider.IBMJCE. My java method compiles and works fine outside oracle (using the websphere JDK) but once I have loaded the method into the database it will not compile using the oracle JDK. There must be some configuration that I have overlooked. I have also included the java home directory path in my classpath. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Sounds like your Oracle invoked JVM's CLASSPATH is not holding all the classes you require. Find out how the JVM is invoked inside Oracle, and add the appropriate jars to its CLASSPATH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back