Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

oracle enterprise manager executable has stopped working

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayUnixAdmin

IS-IT--Management
Jan 12, 2011
US
thread1177-1547746

oracle enterprise manager executable has stopped working. What should i do? i cannot shutdown the database. Instance is up but not working. windows error comes up for "oracle enterprise manager executable has stopped working" whenever i try to shutdown, recovery, and the REDO01.LOG files are 51mb is that normal.

The link you guys see is similar error someone got but no suggestions have been made.

Thank You

Hi,
You do not need ( as far as I rememeber) Enterprise Manager to shutdown ( or startup ) an Oracle instance..

Can't you connect as sys and issue a shutdown immediate ?

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

Hi Turkbear,

Thanks for the response, Appreciate.

I am running a datamover script for moving the data from peoplesoft to oracle and the script stops responding and running. so once i close the datamover and restart it dosend let me login and says "File: SQL Access ManagerSQL error. Stmt #: 2 Error Position: 0 Return: 257 - ORA-00257: archiver error. Connect internal only, until freed."
and when i go to " " em doesnot let me login. listener is up but the database instance shows as down even when it is up. and now there is no logging into database at all an windows error message comes up saying oracle enterprise manager executable has stopped working.
Please help me and make this error go i am sick of it. I just want to be able to run my script again from that datamover. everytime it stops i have to delete and create new database and do all the things again. Thanks a million.

Hi,
Try connecting Internal ( on the Oracle Server box ) and stopping the instance with a shutdown abort - also stop the listener ( maybe do that first) - then, since it appears you are running it on Windows,reboot the server and start over from scratch with your normal Oracle startup routines.

Check the Event logs on all involved machines ( server and client as well as any middleware) to see if a clear reason for the hang is provided.

The next thing to check carefully is your datamover script - if it can be modularized try running only some of it at a time to see where it hangs.

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

99.999% of the time, an error message of "ORA-00257: archiver error. Connect internal only, until freed" means that your archive log directory has filled up. Oracle needs to do a log switch, which involves writing the current log to archive. It can't do so, so it simply waits. You won't be able to do anything until you free up space in the archive log directory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back