Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Oracle EC Gateway and Dillards

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsbisa

Programmer
Apr 22, 2003
US
Has anyone out there used the Oracle EC Gateway to connect to Dillards as a trading partner? Is anyone sending 856 outbound transactions via Oracle 11.5.8? I am looking for a suggested EDI translator and info on how the 856 works with the Oracle ERP. We are a small shop with only the one trading partner, so the cost of the big name EDI translators is not very feasible.

The Oracle EC Gateway is just a repository. The EC Gateway should have documentation for what data goes into a possible 856. Dillards should have their EDI documentation on their web site.

Dave Frenkel
GEFEG

Try checking the web for economical translators or web
services that will support your current business need.
Search Yahoo! or Google for EDI....there are many to choose
from. Just make sure you will receive timely service and
support. Some of your options will be based upon the number
of transactions your business will be required to process.

Good Luck!

Jsbisa,

Any translator will do the job of translating from the Oracle EC gateway format into EDI. But rather critical a question would be, Does Oracle EC gateway extract allt he necessary fields necessary fields for you to send to the Trading Partner.

Let me know if you want the Specifications of what EC gateway extracts out of its ASNO.

Thanks
Seshasayee

I have been reviewing all of the Oracle EDI documentation I can find and have pulled Dillard's EDI specs from their website ( ).

Sayeers, I would love to look at any specs you have on this. If you don't want to post on the forum, my email address is jsbisa@hotmail.com. The point to my second question from the original post is that I am having a hard time finding information on how get Oracle to print UCC-128 carton labels and send the ASNO. I am wondering if I can produce these from Oracle or if I have to use one of those UCC-128 label software packages out there? It looks like they print the UCC-128 based on the ASNs that pass through the system. I have recently found some info on "mailing labels" within Oracle, but have not finished going down that path to decide if this is what I need.

Trying to learn both EDI and how it fits into Oracle Apps is a challenge, so any help that points me in the right direction is appreciated!
Thanks,
jsbisa

Honestly if you have the time to program then you don't need a translator, but honestly why not out lay the cash to get a translator that can integrate via oracle gateway and also print your Ucc-128 carton labels?? you could also look into a 3rd party service to do everything via the web.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back