Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Oracle dmp restore

Status
Not open for further replies.

EM1107

IS-IT--Management
Apr 24, 2002
CA
Good day everyone I have been task in restoring an oracle database 10 dump from an AIX server into a Windows Oracle 10 database. I have tried the IMPDP command but it always fail. Would anyone have a solution for me.

By the was the Oracle database already include a schema with the same name and I need to restore the data in a different schema.

Any solution is welcome.

EM1107 said:
I have tried the IMPDP command but it always fail. Would anyone have a solution for me.

Yes, we can probably provide one or more solutions for you, but we first need to know what your problem is.

Could you please post your DataPump parfile contents and a copy-and-paste of the error message your are receiving?

[santa]Mufasa
(aka Dave of Sandy, Utah, USA)
“People may forget what you say, but they will never forget how you made them feel.

While you are posting the error message that you are receiving, to import into a different schema from the source schema, you need parfile REMAP instructions in this format:

Code:
remap_schema=<source schema name>:<target schema name>
remap_tablespace=<source tablespace name>:<target tablespace name>

[santa]Mufasa
(aka Dave of Sandy, Utah, USA)
“People may forget what you say, but they will never forget how you made them feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back