Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Oracle Destination Data Flow Transformation 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 17, 2004
GB
I am new to SSIS so here goes.

I have managed to extract data from Oracle 10g (10.2.0.4) into a SQL Server 2008 database. I have transformed some of this data ok in SQL server bu I also need to load some of the summarised data back into Oracle and I can load some of this back into Oracle using the Oracle OLE DB provider.

This runs ok but I was wondering if I could speed the load into Oracle up by using CozyRoc's Oracle Destination data flow transformation.

However I keep getting error messages when I try to set up a Data Connection using Oracle Data Provider for .NET which is what this transformation needs. The error message is below;

Test connection failed because of an error in initializing provider. The type initializer for 'Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleConnection' threw an exception.

I have Oracle 10.2.0.4 Client installed and SQL Server 2008 and Visual Studion 2008 on my machine and ODAC11 as well. It works on my colleagues machine which is set up the same as mine.

Any idea's whi I am getting this error?

I either use an OLE DB Dest for oracle which does not provide a fast load option or the Attunity data providers that come as part of 2008 but require a seperate installation.

Thanks MDXer. I have had a look at attunity but do you have to pay extra to use as it looks like you can only download a trial version?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back