Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Oracle DB's on different boxes a problem! 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayster7

IS-IT--Management
Feb 7, 2001
US
Hi,

Using CR10 w/ CE10 using Oracle 9i. I have a set of reports published on CE using a database that lives on the same box as the CMS. So for my reports that use this, the 'Process' tab shows the server name as CMS and in this case the user name is warehouse. These reports run splendidly.

I have a problem when I try to use other Oracle databases residing on other boxes. An additonal report uses a server named cppdev and a user name cpp_redesign (on a different box, but still using Oracle native driver), but when I run the report I get the error message The database information for this report is either incomplete or incorrect. [On Cache/Page Server: <myserver>.pageserver]

Anyone have any ideas on what I'm doing wrong? Thanks in advance! [ponder]

The path up and down is one and the same.

-Heraclitus

Hi,
Using SqlPlus ( from the CE server) try to connect to that instance..

Check the tnsnames.ora file to be sure cppdev is correctly specified.

From a Command Window try:
tnsping cppdev

See what you get...

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

I'd agree with Turk in that the tnsnames.ora doesn't have the connectivity within.

Every server will need a seperate entry, contact your dba for the entry required.

During development you probably had to set this up as well, so it should reside in your local tnsnames.ora file, if so, copy and paste it in.

-k

TB & Synapse,

YOU BOTH ROCK!!! Thanks! I passed that along to the DBA and it did the trick !

Thanks! [peace]

The path up and down is one and the same.

-Heraclitus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back