Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Oracle DB Web Services confusion-starting out

Status
Not open for further replies.

topjimmie

IS-IT--Management
Feb 4, 2002
US
Is it possible to enable a PL/SQL query or stored proc as a web service in 11g without standing up a Web App Server? If so what is the required configuration? Do I need anything other than the standard enterprise db package?

Additional Info:
I am new to Oracle (new job) and my current project involves developing an application that uses data retrieved from an Oracle DB as a web service. (developing in "Serena Business Mashups" or TeamTrack as it was called previously)

The problem is that the DB does not have any web services available/developed. The company has never had a need for using Oracle web services so this is all new to the DBA as well.

I am trying to wade through the information on Oracle about what is NATIVE to 11g that would enable this. I understand there is Web App Server and a number of different ways to go about doing this, but I can't seem to pinpoint the info I need, ie. Do we need to install additional applications to accomplish this?

I need to outline the steps to get from here to there so I can make recommendations to my employer.

Thanks for any guidance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back