Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Oracle DB and Oracle 9iDS on same computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

slechols

Programmer
Nov 28, 2001
US
I have installed Oracle 9i on my C: drive and Developer Suite on my D: drive successfully. Yesterday, I got in and created some tables in the database, but today, I can't even log on correctly. I haven't been able to connect to the database through Forms either. Does anyone have a step-by-step process of how to set them up on the same computer and have them work together? This is my first installation of either and haven't worked much with either in the past. But I allowed the Oracle Enterprise installation to configure the listener, the initsid.ora file, etc. They looked fine.

Are there any good books out there on Oracle 9i and Oracle 9iDS? I looked on Amazon and there were only 9 or 10 entries for Oracle 9i.

You installed them into diferent homes, say db_home (c:\..) and ds_home (d:\..). So in your registry now there are 2 entries under hklm/software/oracle : HOME0 and HOME1. You may create string value TNS_ADMIN in folder, related to ds_home and assign %db_home%\network\admin to it. The idea is that tns information is home-specific, but you may share it by defining a path to tnsnames.ora and sqlnet.ora files using system variable TNS_ADMIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back