Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

oracle datasource in transformer 7.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

pramsam1

IS-IT--Management
Feb 24, 2006
US
I am trying to create a model in Transformer 7.4 and would like to use Oracle as the data srouce. When the wizard prompts for the data source, I do not see Oracle as one of the data source types. Only the following source data type is available:
Impromptu Query Definition
Delimited-field text with column titles
Delimited-field text
dBase table
Access table
Access query
Paradox table
Lotus 1-2-3 crosstab
Excel crosstab
Lotus 1-2-3 database
Excel database
PowerHouse portable subfile
FoxPro table
Clipper table
Fixed-field text
Fixed field and record without CR LF

How do I go about choosing Oracle as the data source? Thanks in advance.

If you have a copy of Cognos Impromptu, use it to create the query files (.iqd) from a report.

If not, you can always cast your own in notepad, although it will require you to set up a data source under Windows Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Data Sources (ODBC).
An iqd is merely a 'wrapped' query.

An example - AcmeDW is the name of the Data Source; the DATASOURCENAME is merely a pointer to the report that created the iqd and not required for operation.

Code:
COGNOS QUERY
STRUCTURE,1,1
DATABASE,AcmeDW
DATASOURCENAME,K:\Reports\Acme_locations.imr
TITLE,locations.imr
BEGIN SQL
select T1."division" as c1,
	   CASE WHEN (substring(T1."Loc" from 1 for 3))='250' THEN 'Central Depot' ELSE T1."Name" END as c2,
	   (substring(T1."Loc" from 1 for 3)) as c3
from "location" T1
where (T1."nl-loc" = '2') 

END SQL
COLUMN,0,Division
COLUMN,1,Depot
COLUMN,2,Location

I assume that a copy of Cognos Query will also create iqds; I cannot help w.r.t. ReportNet/Cognos 8.

soi là, soi carré

Very helpful. Thank you very much and have a great long weekend...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back