Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Oracle Data Provider - connections bad after ~5 min

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beren1h

Technical User
Jul 19, 2001
US
I'm developing an app that uses the MS Oracle Data provider.

I've noticed that if you open the application in a browser everything runs fine. However, if there is no activity for about 5 minutes or so the database connections generate errors (error's that don't happen if at least one data request comes in before everything freaks out...).

This makes no sense to me so I'm hoping that somebody here can point me in the right direction?

Thanks...

sounds like the network between the machines is goofy, may want to check your PDC, you might have a TTL Issue, or it might be a result of software firewalls.

only other thing that comes to mind is power saving, if you have turn off hard drives after 5 mins inactivity, when the next request comes in the connection might time out due to waiting for the drive to spin up.

without more knowledge of the errors in question, that's about all i can offer ATM

[thumbsup2]DreX
aKa - Robert
if all else fails, light it on fire and do the happy dance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back