Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Oracle Connection 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

codedog

Programmer
May 31, 2001
US
This is probably a dumb question, but I'm new to VB, MS Access 2000 and Oracle 8i. I am working on an application that uses an Oracle database on a server with Access forms used as the front end and VBA as the programming. If I have the acronyms right, we're going ODBC with ADO controls. I need to be able to Connect to the Oracle server via VBA but have been unable to make a persistent connection. When I "Open" the connection I get no errors, but even though I supply the DSN, user ID, and password, as soon as I open a form using an Oracle table, the Oracle dialog box pops up and asks for my password. Any suggestions, thoughts, or comments would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I have the same problem....here is my code

Set wrk_spc = DBEngine.Workspaces(0)
Set db = wrk_spc.OpenDatabase("", False, False, "ODBC; DSN=****;USR=*****;PWD=******")

can anyone fix this or post better code...thanks

I had the same problem and apparently there's a bug in the Microsoft Oracle drivers.

I was able to get around the prompt for userID and password by creating a pass-through query that runs in the on load event for my form. This query then passes all the connection information in the the query properties. This might be a strange workaround but it works very well.

Hey yeah i have fixed my code.....what you have to do is insert DBQ=****, in the connect string....the dbq name should be the same as the dsn name...hope this works...you should have the latest oracled drivers for this..you can find them at oracles website...just get the ODBC driver...hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back