Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Oracle Chart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mimin

Programmer
Jan 12, 2004
US
HI All
I had a chart of oracle report and i want to format the data lables on the bar graph. I could display the values of the data at the the top or center of the graph . Does anybody know how to change the orientation of the lables? As i don't have space to display all the values, i want to change the orientation of the lables(

Thanks

Save the chart in separate file and edit it with Oracle Graphics Designer. Most properties, including label orientation, are available from there.

Thank you for the reply. But i am confused how to open the report in the oracle designer? is oracle designer and oracle graphics designer the same?

Thank u

To be precise, the name is Graphics Builder. It is a separate executable that resides (as for version 6) in C:\orant\BIN\GOBLD60.EXE

Thank you

what is the .exe file for version 9i?

In 9i there is no separate Graphic Builder, neither charts are kept in separate .ogd files. However, many of the chart elements, as I remember, are available via Right Click-?Chart Properties.

hi all
could anyone tell me how to format the data values on the bar chart . i was trying to edit graph.xml but i don't know what value should be given to viewformat attribute to display the number as a whole no, i don't need decimal places to be displayed. it is giving me 4 digits of numbers, with decimal place. I need your help pls
Thanks

Hi all
i was trying to create a graph with report builder and when i run the report locally it works fine, but when i run from the report server , it is giving me the following error
Terminated with error:
REP-1814: Report cannot be formatted. Object 'vertically' can never fit within 'NAT_GRAPH'.

do anybody faced such an error?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back