Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

oracle backup from a different server--urgent

Status
Not open for further replies.

july75

Technical User
Dec 21, 2001
US
I am using Veritas backup exec and backup agent for Oracle to backup my oracle databases. Now I have backup exec and the oracle agent installed in one server to which the tape library is connected, how do I backup a database on a different server. DO I have to install the backup exec on the database server also, how will they speak to each other..

Please help this is urgent.

Thanks

First you have to install the backup agent for oracle on the oracle database server. Also a handy option is the open files for oracle if you have this option you don't have to stop your database when the backup starts. If you don't have the openfiles agent you must stop the database otherwise your database can get corrupted. If you have everything installed you can backup your database just by select the databases in the backup job.

Good luck,

Tip. Use the roll back option of oracle to create a backup. This option allow you to restore a database to the latested change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back