Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

oracle backint recovery via legato very slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rtammel

MIS
Feb 7, 2003
NL
Hi,

We are currently trying to restore a SAP instance which is backupped via backint and Legato networker.

We noticed that after each backup file (2gb) the tape is rewinding, and checking its label again. Then forwarding again, and so on.

second: We use 4 paralel sessions for the backup. The restore only takes one session, and uses one tape drive.

The backup takes about 4 hrs, but this will take 20 hrs to restore. What can we change to speed up this recover process??

(config: SAP with Oracle, LTO library, two units).

Thanks,

i think there is something to set in your configureation files for speed up recover process. check out some documentation i think there is some buffer alocation.
for those process.
i am not sure you should check out documentations. backup and recovery.

Hi rtammel,

It sounds like you are using the rewinding device rather than the non-rewinding device (unless Oracle is forcing a rewind - which may be feasible). Have you checked this?

Hi Guru,
This seems to be a logical explanation.
I will check legato and oracle.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back