Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Oracle Agent for Windows 2003 64 Bit

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazylife

Technical User
Jan 28, 2002
GB
Hi all

I am having problems installing the Oracle Agent for 10d with SP2. The remote server is a Win 2003 with 64 Bit version of the OS - BE server = Win 2000. Following all of the Veritas/Symantec docs, which are not very good for the Oracle Agent, all I get is an error that says the exe is correct but not for your system.

This is fine as clearly it must be a 32 bit agent, however I can not find a 64 bit agent to install. Veritas/symantec are not being helpful.

Anyone got this working? Anyhelp will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Steve

Thanks very much. I had just come to the same conclusion! It seems a bit silly to me that Symantec can't provide a 64 bit version.

Dumps it is :-(

A note to anyone else reading this. I have looked into the 32 bit app on a 64 bit OS and have come up short. Microsoft say it is possible in one technote and in another say its not.

I Think it boils down to the App and the installer, if they fit the Microsoft model it works, if not then you are stuck.The symantec one clearly doesn't.

Hope this helps somebody.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back