Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Oracle 9iAS installation getting stuck at 65%

Status
Not open for further replies.

tashfin

IS-IT--Management
Nov 23, 2001
BD
I have been trying to install Oracle 9iAS (version 1.0.2.0.0). I want to deploy Oracle Forms application on the web. My platform is Windows 2000 Server with Service Pack 2. The configuration of my machine is Celeron 1.7GHz with 1GB RAM. There is already a Oracle Database running on the machine (8.1.7.0).

The installation is getting stuck at 65% with no error message. Can anyone please help?

Thanks in advance.

Tashfin

hi,

I´m not sure but I red once that oracle IAS can´t be installed in the same server that the database is placed even if you install it in a different Ora_home.

Yes Oracle can be installed on the same server as AS - have you checked all your environment setting and Kernel settings?

Also make sure if you are goiing to install 9iAS that if you have a database installed and running you close it down 1st including any listeners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back