Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Oracle 9i to Oracle 10g causes error in sending email from MS Access

Status
Not open for further replies.

gwoman

Programmer
Nov 16, 2004
US
I have a user who works with an Access Database and Oracle 9i ... she runs a query and then sends the results as an .xls attachment via email.
We are currently running test on our upgrade to Oracle 10g and when the user attempts to do the same actions in the Database with Oracle 10g installed she receives an error message popup with the following message:

"MyDatabase can't send this e-mail message. Before attempting to send an e-mail message from MyDatabase, resolve the problem identified in the previous message, or configure your computer to send and receive e-mail messages."

If anyone has any ideas as to why she would be getting this message ... I would appreciate any info you can provide!

Thanks ... code on!

gwoman

If it's just getting an error trying to send mail, that sounds more like an Access problem. However, the mail error may be a red herring in that sense that it is just the last error in a chain of errors. There may be problems before that where Access is unable to read from some of the Oracle tables. You need to go into the Access database and make you can still read all the Oracle tables the application uses. You may need to update some of the connection strings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back