Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Oracle 9i instllation error with oci.dll amd mfcans32.dll

Status
Not open for further replies.

topnotchguy

Technical User
Jan 14, 2004
US
I'm trying to install Oracle Dev suite 9i on my laptop running Windows XP and I get the folowing installation errors: (error log)

Exception thrown from action: copyGroupFromJar
Exception Name: IOException2
Exception String: Error in writing to file C:\oracle\ora90\bin\oci.dll
Exception Severity: 2

and the following error:

Exception thrown from action: copyGroupFromJar
Exception Name: IOException2
Exception String: Error in writing to file C:\WINDOWS\System32\mfcans32.dll
Exception Severity: 2

I chose to ignore the problem. The installation completes successfully but when I try to run the forms app I get various errors when the browser windows runs.

Any idea what's going here?

Is it the first attempt to install Oracle product? In most cases such errors occur when this dll is already exists and is used by another application. According to Installation Guide (I'm sure you've read it carefully :) ) you should stop all Oracle-related services and close all running Oracle products. I'd also suggest you to check compatibility of Oracle products being installed into the same Oracle Home (also mentioned in that Guide).

Regards, Dima

Installation guide? There was an installation guide :) Thanks for the tip. I already had an oracle 9i database installed. I was able to rid myself of these errors by completely removing it and then cleaning up the registry before reinstalling it. As you said, there was probably some older DLLs that were not compatible.

regards,
Rafael

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back