Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Oracle 9i Developer Suite Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

sivanu

Programmer
Jan 2, 2002
US
I have installed Oracle9i Release 9.2.0.1.0. Then i tried to install Oracle 9iAS.i was successful in that attempt too. But when i tried to connect to the database either from ORacle reports or Oracle Forms, i am getting ora-12154.. erro. unable to connect to the specified database. I could get connected to the oracle database thru sql*plus or enterprise manager. I am not sure what i am doing wrong. i have installed database in the ORACLE_HOME=orahome9i and the developer suite in Oradev9i. Since this is is an urgent requirement, could any one please help me out to solve this problem

Thanks in advance

Ensure that ALL your tnsnames.ora files are the same. You'll have more than one tnsnames.ora, one under the DB home and the other under the AS home. If the file does not exist under $_HOME/network/admin then create it (copy it from the other location).

This should resolve your problem.

The ONE ( HP-UX + Solaris + AIX + Tru64 = Unix)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back